Agitator vs. Impeller Washers: Which is Right for You? - A Comprehensive Guide from OBAppliances.com
Are you in the market for a new washing machine?
If so, you may be wondering about the difference between Agitator vs. Impeller washers.While both types of machines clean your clothes, they do so in different ways. In this blog post, we'll explore the differences between these two types of washers and help you decide which one is right for you.
Agitator washers have been around for decades and are often found in older homes. These machines have a tall, vertical spindle in the center of the drum, called an agitator, that moves back and forth to create a swirling motion in the water. The agitator works to rub clothes together, creating friction that helps remove dirt and stains.
- Agitator washers are typically more affordable than impeller washers.
- They're great for heavily soiled clothes or larger loads that require more cleaning power.
- They tend to have shorter cycle times than impeller washers.
- The agitator can be harsh on delicate fabrics.
- They may not be as energy-efficient as impeller washers.
- They can be noisy during the wash cycle.
Impeller washers are a newer technology and have become increasingly popular in recent years. Instead of an agitator, these machines have a low-profile disc at the bottom of the drum that spins and creates a gentle wave-like motion in the water. The impeller works to move clothes through the water, allowing detergent to penetrate fabrics and lift away dirt.
- Impeller washers are gentle on clothes and can be a better option for delicate fabrics.
- They tend to be more energy-efficient than agitator washers, which can save you money on your utility bills.
- They're generally quieter than agitator washers.
- Impeller washers may not be as effective at removing heavy soil and stains.
- They may not be able to accommodate larger loads as well as agitator washers.
- They can have longer cycle times than agitator washers.
So, which type of washer is right for you? That depends on your personal preferences and laundry needs. If you have a lot of heavily soiled clothes or large loads, an agitator washer may be the better choice. However, if you have delicate fabrics or want to save on your energy bills, an impeller washer may be the way to go.
At Open Box Appliances, we offer a wide selection of both agitator and impeller washers from top brands like LG, Samsung, and Whirlpool. Visit our website today to browse our selection and find the perfect washer for your home.